The MultiCyclone is a unique pre-filter
This centrifugal pre-filter saves water and reduces the maintenance of your sand filter. The Waterco MultiCyclone works on the basis of centrifugal water filtration. There are no moving parts to wear out and no filter media to replace or clean.
The advantages of the Multicyclone pre-filter
- Significantly reduces filter backwash and reduces water consumption
- therefore reduces the cost of heating the fresh water you need to add
- reduces the consumption of products to treat the fresh water
- No filter media to rinse or replace
- Compatible with existing or new filter installations
- 2 year warranty
How does the pre-filter work?
The incoming water is directed through a distribution plate so that, parallel to the flow direction (tangential), it enters the multiple separation channels (hydrocyclones). This creates a strong centrifugal effect, separating the (heavier) dirt particles from the water, which then settle in a spiral movement in the collection area. The clean water rises in a spiral movement.
The waste container is transparent so that it is easy to see when it is full. Simply turning on the tap ensures that the dirt is discharged. This only uses a maximum of 15 liters of water!
The MultiCyclone is ideal as a pre-filter to reduce maintenance on an existing filter or to extend the life of the filter media such as with a sand filter. In tests where dust particles from 5 to 80 microns were used, 100% of the 60-80 micron particles was filtered and 87% of the 40-60 micron particles! The MultiCyclone can work together with sand filters, cartridge filters, DE filters, Bead filters, etc. to purify the water. This also allows finer filter systems such as cartridges to be used
filters with finer cartridges and sand filters with finer sand. The finer filter systems can then be installed without the burden of additional maintenance. The water becomes clearer with less maintenance!
Specifications Multicyclone pre-filter.
- The MultiCyclone is equipped with 2″/63mm couplings.
- Minimum flow is 3m³/h, max. flow is 30m³/h.
- Maximum pressure is 4 bar.
- The MultiCyclone must be installed after the pump.